Sunday, October 7, 2007

Bob Senechal, Progressive Conservative Party, Guelph

Should an adopted adult have the same rights to identifying information about his or her origins as all non-adopted adults?

Thank you for your email and for the opportunity to complete your survey. I have thought about your survey question for several days now and have ultimately decided that, at this point, I must answer "not sure". I can see both sides of the issue, but I have concluded that I need to gather more information and consult with colleagues before I can take a definitive stance on whether adopted and non-adopted adults should have the same access to family records.

As you are probably aware, this issue is not directly addressed in the PC Party Plan. I therefore suggest that you email John Tory directly on this matter. You can do so through the Ontario PC Party website at:

http://www.ontariopc.com/email_john.asp?SectionID=7.